- About Charlottesville
- Job Openings
- Benefits Overview
- New Employee Information
- Current Employee Information
- Pay Tables
- Obtaining a Teaching License
Facts, Data, Basics
At Charlottesville City Schools, we offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package to our employees, including group health insurance, dental and vision care plans, life insurance and membership in the Virginia Retirement System.
- Health Insurance through Aetna including Aetna Mail Order Rx Brochure
- For 2020-21 information, click here.
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Supplemental Eye Insurance through EyeMed
- Rates for 2020-21: click here.
- Life Insurance
- Through the Virginia Retirement System, CCS provides accidental death and dismemberment insurance for twice the amount of your annual salary, rounded to the next highest $1000 (maximum of $250,000). Additional coverage can be purchased. Available for active full-time employees.
- Retirement Plans
- The Charlottesville City Schools retirement program is offered through the Virginia Retirement System, a defined benefit plan funded by contributions from the employer and employee.
- Additionally, two retirement supplemental options are available:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for medical and dependent care) through WageWorks
- Wellness Program through programs such as area health clubs
- Employee Assistance Program through the University of Virginia
- Free, confidential support for all employees and their families to help them handle problems at work or home. Consultations are confidential, unless written permission is given or unless mandated by law.
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $500 per school year for pre-approved credit courses
- Generous Paid Leave, including three personal days per year
For general questions about benefits at Charlottesville City Schools:
(434)245-2950 or (434)245-2960
Additional Information about Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts with WageWorks
Employees can allocate pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical and dependent expenses (for childcare or elder-care). Limits are $2,700/year for medical and $5,000 for dependent ($2,500 if you file separate returns).