Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. Additional recognition for CCS from a variety of Niche categories include:
- #2 of 133 – Most Diverse School Divisions
- #3 of 132 – Best Places to Teach in Virginia
- #6 of 132 – Districts with the Best Teachers in Virginia.
- A+ ranking in College Prep and Diversity categories and A in Academics and Teachers.
We’re proud of the good work of our students and teachers, and we appreciate the support of our community. While any given ranking system has its limitations, Charlottesville City Schools has done so well by so many measures, that the combined feedback paints a portrait of excellence. Three other indicators would include:
- 100 percent of Charlottesville City Schools met the state’s accreditation standards in 2017-18, compared with 86 percent of schools statewide. Out of 132 divisions in Virginia, Charlottesville is one of just 65 divisions that presently have all their schools fully accredited.
- CHS students far surpass the state and nation on SAT exams.
- CHS has earned 11 blue ribbon awards from the Virginia Music Educators Association in recognition of musical excellence.