Start now to plan your summer! CHS will offer both virtual and face-to-face summer classes for current students and rising 9th-graders.
- Summer School Dates: June 18 – July 27
- ONLINE registration for the CHS Summer School program is open NOW through June 14th. See below.
- Walk-in registration is April 30, 9:30-11:30am at CHS.
- NOTE: many of our popular courses such as Health/PE and Virtual Economics & Personal Finance do have CAPACITY limits. Registration will be accepted in the order in which it is received.
Additional information about face-to-face courses can be found here.
- English 9 (1 Credit)
- English 10 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- English 11 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- English 12 (1 Credit)
- Government (1 Credit)
- VA & US History (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- World History 1 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- World History 2 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- Biology (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- Earth Science (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- Algebra 1 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- Algebra 2 (1 Credit) – *End of Course SOL Exam
- Geometry (1 Credit)
- PE 09 (.5 Credit) – SESSION 1 (June 18 – July 6)
- PE 10 (.5 Credit) – SESSION 1 (June 18 – July 6)
- PE 09 (.5 Credit) – SESSION 2 (July 9 – July 27)
- PE 10 (.5 Credit) – SESSION 2 (July 9 – July 27)
- Behind-the-Wheel for driver’s education: this is a separate sign-up. Click here!
Additional information about virtual (online) courses may be found here.
- PE 09 (.5 Credit)
- Health 09 (.5 Credit)
- PE 10 (.5 Credit)
- Health 10 / Driver’s Ed (.5 Credit)
- Economics and Personal Finance (1 Credit)
Students attending CHS in the 2018-19 school year are considered “In District.” Students on Free or Reduced Lunch are eligible for reduced tuition rates. Out-of-district students are not eligible for Free/Reduced rates. Tuition is non-refundable.
|Course||In District Tuition Price||Out of District Tuition Price||Reduced Lunch Tuition Price||Free Lunch Tuition Price|
|Full Credit Course||$400 each||$550 each||$200 each||$25 Each|
|1/2 Credit Course:
PE 09 & 10
Health 9 & 10
|$200 each||$350 each||$100 each||$25 Each|
You may bring your tuition payment (cash, check or money order payable to Charlottesville High School) to the CHS Office.
Or, you can pay your summer school tuition online through MySchoolBucks at http://bit.ly/chssummertuition. A convenience fee will apply.
- Complete your online registration: go to bit.ly/chssummerschool2018 to complete the online form.
- Pay summer tuition online at bit.ly/chssummertuition (convenience fee applies) or bring cash, check or money order to CHS office.
- ALL students must complete a Student Information Form – mail or bring into CHS office.
Walk-in registration will held be at Charlottesville High School on April 30th at 9:30am – 11:30am.
Additional Questions? Please contact:
- Teresa Bryant, CHS Assistant Principal (434) 245-2410 email@example.com
- CHS Counseling Office, (434) 245-2698