- Curriculum/Instruction Home
- Career and Technical Education
- English and Language Arts
- Fine Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Social Science and History
- World Languages
At Charlottesville City Schools, the History and Social Science programming develops skills in analysis, writing, critical reading, research, and collaboration. These skills support students in their academics as they become citizens for a democratic society.
Through real-life and virtual field trips, guest speakers, original research, project-based learning, and special resources such as the National Geographic Giant Maps, our students engage with history, culture, geography, government, current events, and more.
Course Offerings in Grades 5-12:
- See “History and Social Science” in Program of Studies.
Neeley Minton, 434-245-2400