- Curriculum and Instruction home
- Program of Studies
- Libraries and Instructional Media
- Special Education and Student Services
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Gifted (Quest) Program
- Virtual Education
- Alternative Learning Centers
- Adult Learning Center
At Charlottesville City Schools, the History and Social Science programming develops skills in analysis, writing, critical reading, research, and collaboration. These skills support students in their academics as they become citizens for a democratic society.
Through real-life and virtual field trips, guest speakers, original research, project-based learning, and special resources such as the National Geographic Giant Maps, our students engage with history, culture, geography, government, current events, and more.
Course Offerings in Grades 5-12:
- See “History and Social Science” in Program of Studies.
Annie Evans, 434-245-2703