School Day Hours:
- 9:05am to 3:50pm (with a one-hour delayed start on the 2nd Thursday of some months)
Open House Information:
- The CHS open house is Tuesday, August 20, 2019 from 5-7pm.
- Virtual education orientation is August 20, 2019 beginning at 1:30 p.m. Click here for important information about requirements and session schedule.
- CATEC open house is Wednesday, August 14, 2019 from 5-7pm.
Save-the-Dates for Rising 9th-Graders:
- August 20, 2019 9th Grade Orientation (LINK Crew), 9am -1:30pm
- August 20, 2019 Open House, 5-7pm
- August 21, 2019 1st day of school, 9:05am
School Supplies List:
Summer Reading List:
- For a variety of excellent choices for grades 9-12, visit the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) book lists:
Chromebook Distribution Information
- Chromebooks will be distributed at CHS open house on August 20 from 5-7 p.m. Complete your re-registration forms in PowerSchool (not needed for new students) to give permission for your child to receive a Chromebook. Call 245-2410 or 245-2962 for PowerSchool assistance.
- Please visit our CHS Counseling website for important dates, career and college preparation information, and more!
(434) 245-2686Department Chair & T-Wa:
Sarah Elaine Hart
(434) 245-2688We-Z & ESL:
(434) 245-2685Office hours for school counselors are 8:30-4:00pm, Monday-Friday. Please contact your student’s counselor if you would like to request an appointment.
Fall Sports Information:
- Visit gocville.org to follow CHS sports and activities, including try-out info and parent meetings.
Senior Portrait Information:
- Senior Picture Day: August 8, 2019, 9am-4pm, CHS small gym
- Students will receive their appointment times via mail from Lifetouch.
- Senior Make-Up: September 16, 2019, 9am-pm, CHS small gym
- See FAQ about senior portraits below.
- For questions regarding appointments and pricing, contact Lifetouch at 540-562-3107 or 800-366-0639.
Senior Portraits —
Q: Where do I view my photo slot?
A: You will receive your appointment times in the mail via Lifetouch by late July.
Q: What if the time doesn’t work for me?
A: Contact Lifetouch at 540-562-3107 or 800-366-0639.
Q: What if I miss my time slot?
A: If you can come to the MLKPAC before 3:30pm on Senior Picture Day, come on out. Otherwise do make ups.
Q. Where do I take my photo?
A: Go to the PAC, and they will direct you from there.
Q: What should I wear?
A. Wear an undershirt and bring several of your favorite outfits.
Q: Should I take a photo?
A: Yes, it gets you a Senior id, you may want to use the formal shot to send out to relatives, and it’s the first check on your name and image for the yearbook. You can still submit a private photo as well.
Q: What if I want to submit a personal photo?
A: First, take your photo with Lifetouch on Senior Picture Day in the PAC and then do your private setting. Submit the private one by October 1st to Ms. Hannah Helm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure it’s a high-resolution photo (300 DPI) and rename it with your first and last name. Place your name in the subject along with the words “Senior Photo.” Example: Barney Rubble Senior Photo.
9th-11th Grade Portrait Information:
- Non-Senior Picture Day: September 17-18, 9am-4pm, MLK PAC or CHS small gym
- Non-Senior Picture Make-Up Day: October 14, 9am-4pm, MLK PAC or CHS small gym
Staff Portrait Information:
- Staff Picture Day: date TBD
- Individual portraits: 12-4pm
- Staff group photo: 11:45am
For a downloadable PDF of the CHS Summer Events calendar (July-August), click here.