School Day Hours:
- 9:05am to 3:50pm (with a one-hour delayed start on the 2nd Thursday of some months)
Open House Information:
- The CHS open house is Monday, August 20 from 5-7pm.
- Virtual education orientation is August 20, beginning at 1pm. CLick here for important information about requirements and session schedule.
- CATEC orientation is Wednesday, August 15, from 5-7pm.
Save-the-Dates for Rising 9th-Graders:
- August 20, 9th Grade Orientation (LINK Crew), 8am -1:30pm
- August 20, Open House, 5-7pm
- August 22, 1st day of school, 9:05am
School Supplies List:
Summer Reading List:
- For a variety of excellent choices for grades 9-12, visit the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) book lists:
- Bus Routes (TBD)
Fall Sports Information:
- Visit gocville.org to follow CHS sports and activities, including try-out info and parent meetings.
Senior Portrait Information:
- Senior Picture Day: August 9, 2018, 9am-4pm, CHS small gym – View slots here
- Senior Make-Up: September 12, 2018, 9am-pm, CHS small gym – View slots here
- See a FAQ about senior portraits below.
- For questions regarding price, packages or setup, contact Lifetouch for more info at 540-562-3107 or 800-366-0639.
Senior Portraits —
Q: Where do I view my photo slot?
A: Visit (link coming soon)
Q: What if the time doesn’t work for me?
A: Contact Ms. Dianne Ewing at ewingd1@
Q: What if I miss my time slot?
A: If you can come to the MLKPAC before 3:30pm on Senior Picture Day, come on out. Otherwise do make ups.
Q. Where do I take my photo?
A: Go to the PAC, and they will direct you from there.
Q: What should I wear?
A. Wear an undershirt and bring several of your favorite outfits.
Q: Should I take a photo?
A: Yes, it gets you a Senior id, you may want to use the formal shot to send out to relatives, and it’s the first check on your name and image for the yearbook. You can still submit a private photo as well.
Q: What if I want to submit a personal photo?
A: First, take your photo with Lifetouch on Senior Picture Day in the PAC and then do your private setting. Submit the private one by October 1st to Ms. Ewing at ewingd1@
9th-11th Grade Portrait Information:
- Non-Senior Picture Day: September 18-19, 9am-4pm, MLK PAC or CHS small gym
- Non-Senior Picture Make-Up Day: October 17, 9am-4pm, MLK PAC or CHS small gym
Staff Portrait Information:
- Staff Picture Day: August 17, 2018
- Individual portraits: 12-4pm
- Staff group photo: 11:45am
For a downloadable PDF of the CHS Summer Events calendar (July-August), click here.