We are offering free meal delivery or in-person meals for all students. This page gives information about what you need to know.
Four important notes!
- We need meal delivery volunteers — Openings have been updated for Mondays-Fridays. Sign up here! Thank you!
- Meal Routes will change on Monday, April 12. Following spring break, we will make some changes to our meal delivery routes, Monday- Friday. (As before, we will still have expanded routes on Fridays, but all routes M-F will have some changes). Current information is presented below, followed by the new information.
- Updated Pandemic-EBT Information is below, including a DELAY for some cards. The benefits will extend through the end of the 2020-21 school year. See latest info below, including information about the possible delay.
General Meal Information
We have weekday deliveries, Monday through Friday, for virtual students or students who aren’t in school that day. To-go meals are also available by reservation at schools (see below). For students attending in-person instruction, we are serving meals at school (no reservation necessary).
- Menus and more info can be found on the Charlottesville Schools Nutrition Web Site.
Deliveries will follow limited routes on Monday-Thursday and full routes on Fridays. Each delivery or to-go bag contains a free hot lunch or sandwich and a breakfast bag for the next morning. Meals are available to all children up to age 18/CHS. Please see the below routes and delivery locations. These routes are subject to change. Also, see information below about Virginia’s Pandemic EBT card benefits for those who are approved for free/reduced meals.
Monday-Thursday Delivery or Meal Pick-Up Information in Place Starting Monday, April 12
10:55-11:00 6th St @ Bolling Av
11:05-11:10 Elliott Av @ Burnett St
11:15-11:20 5th St @ Cleveland Av
11:25-11:32 Monte Vista @ Middleton
11:37-11:42 Sunset Rd @ Stribling Av
11:50-12:00 Hardy Dr (Community Center)
12:10-12:20 Rivanna Ave @ Forest St (2nd corner, near 1115 Forest)
12:30-12:35 Holmes Avenue @ Elizabeth Avenue
10:55-10:59 7th St @ Dice St
11:02-11:12 2nd St @ Friendship Ct
11:20-11:30 Carlton Av @ Nassau St
11:38-11:45 Rougemont Av @ Meridian St
11:52-11:57 6th St SE @ Rougemont Avenue
12:00-12:10 1st St S @ Lankford Avenue
12:15-12:25 Bailey Rd @ Prospect Av
12:30-12:35 Prospect Av @ Greenstone
Friday Meal Delivery Routes Starting Friday, April 16
10:55 AM-12:30 PM Greenstone
11:05 AM Bailey Rd @ Orangedale Av
11:50 AM 806 Prospect Av
12:00 PM 5th St @ Cleveland Av
12:15 PM Monte Vista @ Middleton
12:30 PM Sunset Rd @ Stribling AV
12:10 PM 7th St @ Dice St
12:25 PM 6th St @ Bolling Av
12:30 PM Elliott Av @ Burnett St
11:00 AM-12:30 PM Michie Dr
11:30 AM Wayne Avenue @ Cedar Hill Rd
11:40 AM 2204 N. Berkshire Rd
12:03 PM Rivanna Ave @ Forest St (2nd corner, near 1115 Forest)
12:05 PM Forest St @ Concord Avenue
12:30 PM Venable Elementary @ Gordon Avenue
10:50 AM-12:40 PM Hardy Dr Community Center
11:10 AM -12:40 PM Friendship Ct Community Center
11:25 AM Christ Episcopal Church (2nd St side)
11:40 AM Holmes Av @ Elizabeth Av
11:47 AM St Clair Av @ St George Av
11:54 AM 323 Riverside Av
12:07 PM Carlton Av @ Nassau St
12:18 PM Rialto St @ Druid Av (back of park)
12:23 PM Rougemont Av @ Meridian St
12:30 PM 6th St SE @ Rougemont Avenue
12:40 PM 1st St S @ Lankford Avenue
UPDATED INFORMATION: Take advantage of the PEBT Benefit — Apply for Free/Reduced Meals for the 2020-21 School Year
Notice of a Delay for Some PEBT Cards: The state has announced that due to a mechanical problem, there will be a delay for the delivery of some cards. These cards may take another four weeks or so to reach the households by U.S. mail.
- All students up to age 18/CHS will receive free meals during the 2020-21 school year, but families are still encouraged to apply to qualify for P-EBT benefits (see below).
- Virginia is extending is Pandemic EBT card benefits throughout the 2020-21 school year for those who have been approved for free/reduced meals. Find information here:
- Lost your card? Call Connect EBT at 866-281-2448.
- Have other questions? Call the P-EBT Call Center Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 866-513-1414 or 804-294-1633. Households may also use the online P-EBT inquiry form.
Para leer este sitio web en español, indica “Translate” (traducir) en la parte por encima de la página y escoja Spanish.