Spring Break Food Update (April 6-10)
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry (cvilleloaves.org)
- Location: 2050 Lambs Road, Charlottesville, VA 22901, near Albemarle High School
- Saturday (April 4) 10am-12pm
- Wednesday (April 8) 2pm-4pm
- Thursday (April 9) 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday (April 11) 10am-12pm
- Register: Please use this form to register so that Loaves & Fishes can prepare appropriately
- Charlottesville Food Justice Network (cvillefoodjustice.org)
- Description: The Charlottesville Food Justice Network is partnering with CCS to provide meals during spring break when the schools will be closed. There will be five delivery sites on Monday and Wednesday and two meals shared each day prepared by local restaurants, Pearl Island and Mochiko Cville.
- S. First
- Friendship Court
- Greenstone on 5th
- Monday (April 6) 11am-1pm
- Wednesday (April 8) 11am-1pm
Thanks also to the Salvation Army, and PBJ Fund for the ways they are serving our families during this time.
Charlottesville City Schools’ food deliveries will be back at our usual times and locations on Monday (4/13) and Wednesday (4/15). See below for delivery locations and times. Have a safe spring break!
Weekday Meal Delivery at Locations Throughout City, 11am-noon
Charlottesville City Schools is delivering breakfast/ lunch bags to children up to through CHS. The Monday/Wednesday deliveries will be available from the hours of 11am-noon at locations throughout the city. Families can go to the location that is closest to them. Parents are not required to be present in order for their child to receive a bag, but it is helpful since children will be carrying multiple days’ worth of food — bring an adult or at least a backpack.
- Each bag is designed to serve one school-aged child for several days
- One bag per child age 18/CHS and under — the child must be present to claim the bag
- If your child cannot come to the site, let your server know
- One bag per child per delivery day (though bags will contain multiple days’ worth of food)
Food Delivery Sites and Routes
These sites are subject to change as we learn more about what works best. Last updated: 03/26/20 at 4:15pm
Monday and Wednesday (children will receive multiple days’ worth of food).
Six stations will offer hour-long service in one location:
- Charlottesville High School – 1400 Melbourne Ave
- Friendship Court – 418 Garrett St
- Greenstone on 5th – 746 Prospect Ave
- Hearthwood Apartments – 2111 Michie Drive
- Jackson-Via Elementary School – Parking Lot / Bus Loop 508 Harris Road
- Westhaven – 801 Hardy Drive
Five buses will make routes through other neighborhoods throughout the city:
- Route 1 (Johnson Area)
- Stop 1 11:00 AM 6th St SE @ Bolling Avenue
- Stop 2 11:15 AM Elliott Avenue @ Burnett St
- Stop 3 11:30 AM Cherry Avenue @ Hanover St
- Stop4 11:45 AM Bailey Avenue @ Orangedale Avenue
- NEW: Stop 5 11:55 AM 806 Prospect Ave
- Route 2 (Jackson-Via Area)
- Stop 1 11:00 AM 6th St SE @ Rougemont Avenue
- Stop 2 11:15 AM 1st St S @ Lankford Avenue
- Stop 3 11:30 AM Ridge St @ Brookwood Drive
- Stop 4 11:45 AM 5th St SW @ Cleveland Avenue
- Route 3 (Burnley-Moran Area)
- Stop 1 11:00 AM Nicholson St @ Bennett St
- Stop 2 11:15 AM Holmes Avenue @ Elizabeth Avenue
- Stop 3 11:30 AM St. Clair Avenue @ St. George Avenue
- Stop 4 11:45 AM 323 Riverside Avenue
- Route 4 (Venable Area)
- Stop 1 11:00 AM Wayne Avenue @ Cedar Hill Rd
- Stop 2 11:10 AM 2204 N. Berkshire Rd
- Stop 3 11:25 AM Rose Hill Drive @ Madison Avenue
- Stop 4 11:35 AM Forest St @ Concord Avenue
- NEW Stop 5 11:40 AM Rose Hill Drive @ Charlton Ave
- Stop 6 11:45 AM Venable Elementary @ Gordon Avenue
- Route 5 (Burnley-Moran and Clark Areas)
- Stop 1 11:00 AM Meade Avenue @ Meade Park
- Stop 2 11:15 AM Carlton Avenue @ Nassau St
- Stop 3 11:30 AM Rives St @ Hampton St
- Stop 4 11:45 AM Rougemont Avenue @ Meridian St.
We have a need of volunteers for Monday, 3/23 and beyond. Volunteers should arrive at CHS (1400 Melbourne Rd) at 10am to help load (lifting required of most volunteers). They should be done by 12:30pm. Monday/Wednesday deliveries. Thanks to CIty Schoolyard Garden for their assistance with this effort.
Safety note to volunteers: buses are sanitized nightly. Volunteers are limited to allow for safe distances during transportation.
Para leer este sitio web en español, indica “Translate” (traducir) en la parte por encima de la página y escoja Spanish.