- About Charlottesville
- Job Openings
- Benefits Overview
- New Employee Information
- Current Employee Information
- Pay Tables
- Obtaining a Teaching License
Facts, Data, Basics
Charlottesville City Schools and
Charlottesville-Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC)
The Charlottesville City School Board is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex, gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital or veteran’s status, physical or mental genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any classification protected by applicable law. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Openings in Charlottesville City Schools
To view open positions and apply, please visit https://charlottesvilleva.tedk12.com/hire/
- Jobs are categorized as administrative/supervisory, certified, classified, or hourly. Posted information will identify the category.
- Administrative / Supervisory positions may or may not require a license. Check the posting for details.
- Certified positions require a license, such as a teaching license, pupil personnel services license, or superintendent’s license.
- Classified positions are those that do not require a license. Some administrative positions fall into this category while others are certified positions.
- Hourly positions include substitute teachers, tutors, or group leaders for the c.l.a.s.s. after-school program.
- Long-term substitutes are required to hold a current, valid teacher’s license, preferably with an endorsement in the area for which they would like to be a long-term substitute.
- Current employees complete an online internal application to apply for any jobs posted.
- To apply for a position with Charlottesville City Schools, you must submit the appropriate application for each type of position.
- Online applications are required for all positions. Once you have submitted an online application, you may apply for additional vacancies by logging into our online application system.
- A resume cannot be submitted in place of an application.
- An application must include required email addresses for references to be submitted online.
- All positions are posted a minimum of one week and will remain open until filled.
Openings for School Bus Drivers
Pupil transportation is managed by the City of Charlottesville. To apply, visit here.
Openings at CATEC (Charlottesville-Albemarle Technical Education Center)
To view open CATEC positions and apply, please visit www.k12albemarle.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Charlottesville City Schools. We look forward to receiving your application!
Dr. Gary Blair, Interim Director of Human Resources
(434)245-2956 or HumanResources@charlottesvilleschools.org
1562 Dairy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22902