- About Charlottesville
- Job Openings
- Benefits Overview
- New Employee Information
- Current Employee Information
- Pay Tables
- Obtaining a Teaching License
Facts, Data, Basics
Employee Benefits Overview
At Charlottesville City Schools, we offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package to our employees, including group health insurance, dental and vision care plans, life insurance and membership in the Virginia Retirement System.
- Health Insurance through Aetna including Aetna Mail Order Rx Brochure
- For 2021-22 information, click here.
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Supplemental Eye Insurance through EyeMed
- Rates for 2021-22: click here.
- Life Insurance
- Through the Virginia Retirement System, CCS provides accidental death and dismemberment insurance for twice the amount of your annual salary, rounded to the next highest $1000 (maximum of $250,000). Additional coverage can be purchased. Available for active full-time employees.
- Retirement Plans
- The Charlottesville City Schools retirement program is offered through the Virginia Retirement System, a defined benefit plan funded by contributions from the employer and employee.
- Additionally, two retirement supplemental options are available:
- a 457 deferred compensation plan (site maintained by VA Retirement System) and
- a 403(b) tax-sheltered account (site maintained by TSA Consulting)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (for medical and dependent care) through WageWorks
- Wellness Program through programs such as area health clubs
- Employee Assistance Program through the University of Virginia
- Free, confidential support for all employees and their families to help them handle problems at work or home. Consultations are confidential, unless written permission is given or unless mandated by law.
- Care Solace Appointment Assistance
- In addition to the Employee Assistance Program, we partner with Care Solace to provide free, confidential assistance making appointments for staff, students, and families who need assistance with mental health, substance abuse, and more. Visit their website or call 888-515-0595.
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $500 per school year for pre-approved credit courses
- Generous Paid Leave, including three personal days per year
For general questions about benefits at Charlottesville City Schools:
(434)245-2950 or (434)245-2960
Additional Information about Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts with WageWorks
Employees can allocate pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical and dependent expenses (for childcare or elder-care). Limits are $2,700/year for medical and $5,000 for dependent ($2,500 if you file separate returns).