In the fall of 2020, Dr. Atkins convened a number of Superintendent Committees to give recommendations on topics such as a new model for school safety and a review of facility names. Please share your perspective with us!
- A public Zoom meeting was held on April 27 to present the final recommendation to the superintendent. To fully understand what the Board will be voting on during their May 6 meeting, please review the slides or watch the video. In the interest of time, it is likely that a compressed version of this presentation will be made at the Board meeting, although the full video and slides will be posted as part of the meeting’s materials.
- We have also posted a brief overview video, other materials from the safety committee, and a feedback survey at charlottesvilleschools.org/safety.
- The School Board will vote on this model at their May 6, 5pm meeting. You can watch on Facebook or register to attend.
Review of School Names
- The first meeting to collect public input is scheduled for Monday, May 3 at 5pm (via Zoom). Register to attend here.
- To find additional information, including research about all of our schools’ namesakes compiled by committee member Phil Varner, visit charlottesvilleschools.org/school-names
- You can also register for periodic email updates