Canvas: An Overview for Parents
Canvas Login: https://cvilleschools.instructure.com/login/ldap
- Teachers can post all their class content in one place, including a calendar for due dates, links to class resources like videos, posted homework assignments (and a drop-box for turning it in), etc.
- Students can see all their assignments, due dates, and class materials in one spot. They can turn in assignments and see teacher feedback and grades.
- Parents can create accounts so they can get a glimpse into the classroom, see what assignments are in the works, keep an eye on due dates, etc.
Creating a Parent Account
PowerSchool vs. Canvas?
- PowerSchool contains grades and attendance. It’s the authoritative source for report cards.
- Canvas is a classroom resource. It contains assignments, hand-outs, links to resources, and more. It also shows grades. If the grades in Canvas and PowerSchool don’t match up, please ask your student or teacher.