Food and Nutrition Services at Charlottesville City Schools
An Award-Winning Commitment to Fresh, Local, and Healthy Meals
Charlottesville City Schools strives to serve fresh, local, healthy, and tasty meals to our students, supplying breakfast and lunch as well as a snack for our after-school programs.
To learn more and see menus, visit our dedicated school nutrition web site.
Our policy about school meals and snacks (JHCH) establishes that students with an unpaid balance will be allowed to make meal choices from the posted school menu. At the end of the year, any unpaid balances are paid by private donations or Charlottesville Schools funds.
Pandemic EBT Update: For families in Charlottesville who qualify for Pandemic Electronic Benefits, the Virginia Department of Social Services will issue the benefits on September 25. If you do not receive your benefits, you can contact the P-EBT Call Center at 1-866-513-1414.
Free/Reduced Meal Application
The 2022-23 application for free/reduced meals has been posted below. Students at Buford, Clark, Jackson-Via, Johnson, Walker, and CHS will not need to apply since those schools qualify for school-wide free meals through the USDA’s Community Eligibility Program.
- Carlton Jones, Nutrition Administrator, 434-245-2830, JonesC1@charlottesvilleschools.org
- Sandra Vazquez, Nutrition Coordinator, 434-245-2808, VazqueS1@charlottesvilleschools.org
On the nutrition web site, you will find:
- Information about Free and Reduced Meals (including the school-wide free meal program at Buford, Clark, Jackson-Via, Johnson, Walker, and CHS)
- Another way to find the application for free/reduced meals (see above)
- Menus for School Lunch, Breakfast, and Snacks
- Prepayment and Balance Checks through My Payments Plus (balance checks are free, but payments will incur a fee of approximately 4 percent).
- To find the student ID number to create My Payments Plus account, log into PowerSchool and click on the Grades and Attendance tab.
- Staff Contact Information
- Nutrition tips, and more!