Nutrition Services at Charlottesville City Schools
An Award-Winning Commitment to Fresh, Local, and Healthy Meals
Charlottesville City Schools strives to serve fresh, local, healthy, and tasty meals to our students, supplying breakfast and lunch as well as a snack for our after-school programs.
To learn more and see menus, visit our dedicated school nutrition web site.
Our policy about school meals and snacks (JHCH) establishes that students with an unpaid balance will be allowed to make meal choices from the posted school menu.
School-wide Free Meals Ending
The federal waiver allowing all students to receive free meals ends in June 2022, so we will be returning to our pre-pandemic routines that require families to apply for free/reduced meals.
During the summer, free meals will be provided at school to students enrolled in our summer school program.
The 2022-23 application for free/reduced meals will be posted online this summer. Students at Buford, Clark, Jackson-Via, Johnson, and Walker will not need to apply since those schools qualify for school-wide free meals through the USDA’s Community Eligibility Program.
- Carlton Jones, Nutrition Administrator, 434-245-2830, JonesC1@charlottesvilleschools.org
- Sandra Vazquez, Nutrition Coordinator, 434-245-2808, VazqueS1@charlottesvilleschools.org
On the nutrition web site, you will find:
- Information about Free and Reduced Meals (including the school-wide free meal program at Clark, Jackson-Via, and Johnson Elementary Schools)
- Another way to find the application for free/reduced meals (see above)
- Menus for School Lunch, Breakfast, and Snacks
- Prepayment and Balance Checks through My Payments Plus (balance checks are free, but payments will incur a fee of approximately 4 percent).
- To find the student ID number to create My Payments Plus account, log into PowerSchool and click on the Grades and Attendance tab.
- Staff Contact Information
- Nutrition tips, and more!