- Curriculum/Instruction Home
- Career and Technical Education
- English and Language Arts
- Fine Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Social Science and History
- World Languages
- More Topics In Instruction
- Adult Learning Center
- Alternative Learning Centers
- Career Exploration
- Counseling Services
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Gifted Program
- Instructional Coaches
- Libraries and Instructional Media
- Program of Study
- Special Education and Student Services
- Virtual Education
Personal and academic success for all:
The goal of the school division‘s Curriculum & Instruction Team is to establish educational excellence, cohesion, and continuity among our schools, and create a seamless educational experience for all students, preschool through grade twelve.
We provide leadership in developing curriculum, deepening and broadening professional knowledge and skills, and implementing and assessing instructional programs. We aim to ensure that every student excels in rigorous and relevant curriculum that reflects what students need to know in a global 21st century environment.
Curriculum for the Charlottesville City Schools is outlined in the GPS (Guides for Pacing and Standards). These guides, created by teachers for teachers, provide an instructional framework for equitable teaching and learning for all students.
To see the specific offerings for grades 5-12, please see the Program of Studies.
Curriculum and Instruction Staff
Chief Academic Officer:
Dr. Katina Otey (434)245-2400
Curriculum Coordinators and Contacts
Dr. Nigel Standish