- About Charlottesville
- Job Openings
- Benefits Overview
- New Employee Information
- Current Employee Information
- Pay Tables
- Obtaining a Teaching License
Facts, Data, Basics
Optional Aflac Insurances
Through Aflac, Charlottesville City Schools offers a number of optional insurances to fit our employees’ needs.
Personal Accident Indemnity Plan
- Pays cash benefits for accident specific injuries that require physician visits, ER visits, or chiropractic visits.
- Wellness benefit for annual check-ups
- Hospitalization follow-ups, physical therapy benefits and much more are included.
Personal Cancer Plan
- Pays cash benefits directly to the employee for diagnosis of internal or skin cancers
- Provides benefits for surgical, radiation, chemo therapy, and many more benefits
- $75 wellness benefit
Short-term Disability Insurance
- Maternity benefits available (pre-existing condition rule applies)
- Income protection plan
- New hires are offered guaranteed-issue coverage
Once you enroll, these plans automatically renew unless you contact the Aflac representative to make a change.
Michelle Lawson, AFLAC Representative
760-2257 or MLawson@bostbenefits.com
Dr. Diane Behrens, Interim Director of Human Resources
(434) 245-2956 or HumanResources@charlottesvilleschools.org
1562 Dairy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22902