- Changing Passwords
- Email Filter Info
- Internet Filter Info
- Shared Drive Access
- Software Requests
- Acceptable Use Agreement
- Chromebook Agreement
Facts, Data, Basics
Department of Technology Services
Supporting Staff and Students Charlottesville City Schools
Welcome to the web home for Technical Support Services at Charlottesville City Schools. Our objective is to provide and maintain an environment where technology assists students, teachers, and administrators in reaching their goals. These pages are designed to provide information on technology resources available in our school division.
The following five suggestions will help us help you. You can save time (both ours and yours) by going through the steps listed below before you contact tech support. If you are still having problems after attempting these steps please feel free to contact us via the TechHelp database (see “Reporting a Technology Issue” below. While the TechHelp database is the best way to contact us regarding a technical issue you are having we can also be reached via email or telephone at extension 2404.
- Restart the computer. Many problems are solved by simply restarting the computer.
- Try, try again. Try it again to make sure there wasn’t just a one-time or temporary problem. You can even try it on another computer to see if the problem is just isolated to one machine.
- If you are having login problems make sure you have typed all of your information correctly and that Caps Lock isn’t on.
- Contact someone knowledgeable in your building. There are people at each school who can help you to solve minor problems.
- Gather information. The following information is helpful to anyone who is trying to diagnose a problem:
- A thorough description of the problem including any messages that appeared.
- What programs were running when the problem occurred?
- What steps did you take to try to fix the problem and what were the results?
- The type of machine were you using including the asset tag number
Department Personnel & Site-Based Staff
Director of Technology: Jeff Faust
Lead Technology Support Specialist: Mike Hill Senior Network Engineer: Tim Beasley
Network Administrator: Mike Konopatsky
Webmaster: Eric Sherry
Technical Support Specialists:
Eric Sherry: Greenbrier, Jackson-Via, LMA
Kristy Lobianco: Nutrition, Destiny, Walker and Burnley-Moran
Kristina Durrer: Buford and Johnson
Lauren Thompson: Venable and Clark
Rod Durrer: Recycling and CHS
Mark Shipp: Systems Analyst and Integrator
Eli Stephanou: Phones, AD, Virtualization and Security Specialist
Help Desk Staff:
Lamar Quarles: CHS
Self-Service Portal – NEW for 2018-2019
If you are experiencing login issues, or need to reset your password, you can now do this via the CCS Account portal. Once you setup your Portal account and have recovery questions and a secondary email address created, you will be able to self-service your account. Here is a video to help you get this setup:
Reporting a Technology Issue
To report technology related problems (computer problems, telephone problems, database problems, etc.) within the division, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into your CCS eMail
- Select Zendesk from the ‘More’ menu at the top of the page.
- Click “New” buton
- Fill out all fields on ticket to help expedite the process.
- Submit ticket. If you do not see Zendesk from the more menu, go to http://ccstech.zendesk.com and if needed login with your CCS credentials.
General Contact Information
Obtaining a Network Account
To obtain account that allows you to access the network please contact the technology rep in your building (or see your school secretary for assistance). The technology contact in each building is responsible for requesting network and email accounts from the network administrator.
For access to the AS/400 system, please contact David Uhlig, Supervisor of Management Information Systems,(x2955).