Alternative Educational Programs and Learning Centers
Charlottesville City Schools offer a number of alternative and nontraditional learning programs for students of all ages and circumstances.
- A nearby campus providing career and technical education for high schoolers and adults, jointly owned and operated by Charlottesville City and Albemarle County
- Career and Technical Education classes are also offered at Buford and CHS.
- An alternative learning center for Charlottesville students in grades 7-12
- A regional organization providing special education services for qualifying students
- Online classes available through Charlottesville High School
- Nontraditional learning atmosphere to assist students at Charlottesville High School
- For CCS students with medical needs, both physical and psychological, through arrangements made with a physician’s authorization
- For CCS students for non-medical reasons, through arrangements made with administrative permission
- School services for infants, preschoolers, and school-aged students who are hospitalized throughout the University of Virginia Children’s Hospital
- GED, ESL, career-readiness and other adult education programs