A variety of supports for encouraging success
Charlottesville City Schools believes when families, communities and schools work together, students are more successful and the entire community benefits.
We help build connections for students in preschool through second grade in all CCS elementary schools. We provide small group, large group, and individual workshops for families. These workshops focus on topics such as academic readiness, homework strategies, reading strategies, behavioral concerns, and how to make the most of parent/teacher conferences.
We also meet families where they are — at evening events held at our schools or even as they wait for the bus! Our “Bus Stop Meet and Greets” provide an opportunity for parents and guardians to ask questions, and we provide free books for our students.
- Summer Activity Menus for PreK-6th
- Academic Strategies for PreK through 2nd grade (brochure)
- Kindergarten Registration(flyer)
- Things To Do Over Spring Break (flyer)
- www.dreambox.com (students have login info)
- How Can I Help My Child Be Successful in School? (flyer)
- Eight Ways Every Parent Can Support Their Child in School (flyer)
- Academic Strategies for Preschool Students (flyer)
- Academic Strategies for Kindergarten Students (flyer)
- Academic Strategies for First Grade Students (flyer)
- Academic Strategies for Second Grade Students (flyer)
In the News
- Mandell, Josh. “Charlottesville calls on veteran teacher to engage families.” Charlottesville Tomorrow, December 15, 2017.
- Vick, Krissy. “Our Schools: Waiting at the Bus Stop.” Charlottesville Family Bloom, July 25, 2018.”
- Schroeder, Annie. “Back to School Bash Provides Students with Over 1,000 Boxes of Supplies,” NBC29 WVIR-TV, http://www.nbc29.com/story/38913413/back-to-school-bash-provides-students-with-over-1000-boxes-of-supplies.
Early Connections Pre-K-2 Student and Family Engagement Facilitator