- About Charlottesville
- Employment Opportunities
- Benefits Overview
- New Employee Information
- Current Employee Information
- Pay Tables
- Obtaining a Teaching License
Facts, Data, Basics
Information for New Employees
Welcome to Charlottesville City Schools! We’re delighted you’ll be joining us as a colleague. All new employees must follow the procedures outlined below before beginning their employment with the Charlottesville City Schools:
- Please call 434-245-2956 in the Human Resources Office to schedule an appointment to complete all required paperwork and initiate background checks. Bring your social security card and a photo identification card. If you have any questions about which documents to bring, see “Acceptable Forms of ID” here.
- Present written proof of a tuberculosis examination conducted within the last twelve months.
Once your background checks have been completed, you will be notified that are you cleared to begin work!
Other Questions to Consider as You Begin Working at Charlottesville City Schools
- Learn about your options for retirement savings by having conversations with staff in Human Resources and Payroll.
- Did you previously work for another state agency or school division? You can “buy” that service time to count toward your retirement.
- Some families are eligible to receive state or federal assistance with health insurance premiums.
- Even if you live outside Charlottesville, your children can attend Charlottesville City Schools free of charge.
- School employees are eligible to receive support for post-secondary education through the Charlottesville Scholarship Program.