For Returning Students Who Attended Charlottesville City Schools Last Year:
Do not use the forms or information on this page. Instead, log into the Parent Portal of PowerSchool and click the “InfoSnap” link on the list at the left side of the page. You will be linked to a pre-completed set of the forms that you can review and edit. To do forms for another child, return to PowerSchool, select the correct child, and click “InfoSnap” again.
Need help logging into PowerSchool? A personalized letter was mailed to your home. Don’t have the letter? Call your school.
If you’ve previously opened an account, PowerSchool also has a username and password retrieval system.
New Students (who didn’t attend Charlottesville Schools last year)
New Student Registration
Registering a New Student?
- If you are a resident of the City of Charlottesville, please call the school your child will attend. Click here for school addresses and phone numbers.
- Complete a NEW-STUDENT registration packet: click here for online forms for new students
- Call your school to arrange a time to bring in the required documents.
- Need to do back-to-school paperwork for a returning student? Log in to PowerSchool and look for the Infosnap button.
Which Elementary School Will My Child Attend?
Other Registration Info
Non-resident students are welcome at Charlottesville City Schools when space is available. In fact, almost 300 students attend our schools by choice.
Steps for Applying to Charlottesville City Schools
- Learn about the schools! You can call your school of interest to set up a visit.
- Complete an application and submit it to the school office. We begin accepting applications on May 1 (note new date) and strongly encourage parents to apply by June 1.
- Parents are notified of the status of their child’s application within approximately 3 weeks (except for kindergarten, which takes longer). A waiting list may be established.
- Tuition must be paid in full by August 1.
2017-2018 Tuition Rates
- Grades K-8:
- $1,337 for the first child in a family
- $1,094 for each additional child from the same family
- Grades 9-12:
- $1,701 for the first child in a family
- $1,458 for each additional child from the same family
Forms and Reference Items for 2017-18
Students enrolling in the Charlottesville City Schools for the first time must provide:
- Original birth certificate (or certified copy)
- Proof of residency
- Mortgage, lease, real estate tax statement OR
- Driver’s license/government-issued photo ID plus current utility bill (electric, gas, water/sewer)
- A completed Virginia School Entrance Health Form showing that the child has received a physical examination performed by a physician within a year of enrollment. (Required for new students in preschool-grade 5; required for all kindergartners, even if they were enrolled in the preschool program.)
- A completed immunization record (for all grades; part of the School Entrance Health Form)
- Custody or guardianship paperwork (if necessary)
- Don’t have everything? Bring what you have to the school, and they will help you.