New Student Registration
Registering a New Student?
- If you are a resident of the City of Charlottesville, please call the school your child will attend. Click here for school addresses and phone numbers.
- Complete a registration packet (available from the school).
- Call your school to arrange a time to bring in the required documents.
Which Elementary School Will My Child Attend?
Other Registration Info
- Special Enrollment/Registering Without a Permanent Address
- Child Custody and Legal Guardianship
- Change of Residence
Non-resident students are welcome at Charlottesville City Schools. In fact, almost 300 students attend our schools by choice.
Steps for Applying to Charlottesville City Schools
- Learn about the schools! You can call your school of interest to set up a visit.
- Complete an application and submit it to the school office. We begin accepting applications on April 1 and strongly encourage parents to apply by June 1.
- Parents are notified of the status of their child’s application within approximately 3 weeks (except for kindergarten, which takes longer). A waiting list may be established.
- Tuition must be paid in full by August 1.
- Grades K-8:
- $1273 for the first child in a family
- $1042 for each additional child from the same family
- Grades 9-12:
- $1620 for the first child in a family
- $1389 for each additional child from the same family
Forms and Reference Items for 2016-17
Students enrolling in the Charlottesville City Schools for the first time must provide:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency (mortgage, lease, real estate tax statement OR driver’s license/government-issued photo ID plus current utility bill (electric, gas, water/sewer)
- A completed “school health entrance form” showing that the child has received a physical examination performed by a physician within a year of enrollment. (Required for all K students, even if they have been enrolled in the preschool program.)
- A completed immunization record (part of the “school health entrance form”)
- Don’t have everything? Bring what you have to the school, and they will help you.