We’re always excited to meet our new kindergarten students and their families!
If you have a child that will be 5 years old by September 30, you can NOW register for the 2023-24 year. See below for instructions.
Not sure which elementary school your child will attend? Find out here.
How to Register
For Fall 2023 Kindergarteners Who Are NOT Currently Attending Cville Schools Preschool
CLICK HERE AND THEN CLICK ‘CREATE AN ACCOUNT’
If you do not choose to upload proof of residency and other documents (see list here), someone from your child’s school will be in touch later about how you can bring the documents to the school.
For Fall 2023 Kindergarteners Who ARE Currently Attending Cville Schools Preschool (and other returning students)
Which school will my child attend?
School Registrar Contact List and Fax numbers:
- Burnley-Moran: Tracy Coleman Fax: 434-245-2613
- Clark: Aisha Anderson Fax: 434-245-2614
- Greenbrier: Kahoua Hackworth Fax: (434)-288-0387
- Jackson-Via: Chavonne Wilson Fax: 434-245-2616
- Johnson: Liz Merlino Fax: 434-245-2617
- Venable: Janine Utz Fax: 434-245-2618
- Walker: Damonia Lee Fax: 434-245-2612
- Buford: Sheena Washington Fax: 434-245-2611
- CHS: Ashley Rasmussen Fax: 434-245-2609
What is the required documentation to enroll in Charlottesville City Schools?
Students enrolling in the Charlottesville City Schools for the first time must provide:
- Original birth certificate (or certified copy)
- Proof of residency
- Mortgage, lease, real estate tax statement OR
- Driver’s license/government-issued photo ID plus current utility bill (electric, gas, water/sewer)
- A completed Virginia School Entrance Health Form showing that the child has received a physical examination performed by a physician within a year of enrollment. (Required for new students in preschool-grade 5; required for all kindergartners, even if they were enrolled in the preschool program.) Suggestion: Call your doctor’s office to ask if they’ll fax your child’s form to your school. Fax numbers are listed with school registrar contact list, above, or on this page.
- A completed immunization record (for all grades; part of the School Entrance Health Form)
- Custody or guardianship paperwork (if necessary)
- Don’t have everything? Bring what you have to the school, and they will help you.
- More kindergarten information
- Información acerca de kindergarten en español
- Para leer esta página en español, indica “Translate” (traducir) en la parte por encima de la página y escoja “Spanish.”
- Registration for other new or current students, including nonresident application
- Encuentre respuestas a otras preguntas (incluidas las personas que no viven en Charlottesville) en nuestra página de registro.