Parents and community members are invited to share their opinions and expertise on a range of subjects to advise the schools and give feedback.
In the fall of 2020, we are establishing three new committees:
- Covid-19 Response Advisory Committee (apply by 9/9)
- School Safety & Security Resources Committee (apply by 9/15)
- Naming of Schools/Facilities Committee (apply by 9/23)
Or mail a letter of interest to:
Charlottesville City Schools
1562 Dairy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Other advisory committees include:
- Equity Committee
- School Health Advisory Board
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- Gifted Education Advisory Board
- CATEC Center Board
- Capital Improvements Projects
- Calendar Development Committee (meets in November-December to help set dates for the next school year)
- Title I Advisory Committee
- and of course the Charlottesville School Board
Perhaps the best way to get involved is with your school’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). PTO leaders meet several times a year with school division leaders to receive updates and give feedback.
Other Committees that our School Board Serves On
The City of Charlottesville and a a variety of nonprofits have committees and alliances that support education in Charlottesville. Our Board members serve on the following, but we appreciate the support and partnership of many more.
- Charlottesville Alliance for Black Male Achievement
- Charlottesville Housing Advisory Committee
- Charlottesville Scholarship Program
- City of Promise
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Gang Reduction through Active Community Engagement (GRACE) with Charlottesville and Albemarle Police
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- PREP Board (Piedmont Regional Education Program)
- Public Education Fund of Charlottesville/Albemarle
- Regional Adult Education Board (TJACE)
To learn the contact person for any of these organizations, write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 245-2400.