Charlottesville City Schools uses Canvas, a widely used online “learning management system,” an interactive classroom web site. This page has links and information to help you get started.
How Students can Generate a Pairing Code
Creating a Parent Account
Reporting a Problem with Your Canvas Account (lost password, etc.)
- Click “Help,” then “Report a Problem,” and then fill out/submit form
- More detailed instructions (PDF)
More Canvas Information:
- Teachers can post all their class content in one place, including a calendar for due dates, links to class resources like videos, posted homework assignments (and a drop-box for turning it in), etc.
- Students can see all their assignments, due dates, and class materials in one spot. They can turn in assignments and see teacher feedback and grades.
- Parents can create accounts so they can get a glimpse into the classroom, see what assignments are in the works, keep an eye on due dates, etc.
PowerSchool vs. Canvas?
- PowerSchool contains grades and attendance. It’s the authoritative source for report cards. It also contains links to other tools so you can complete back-to-school paperwork, edit how you receive phone calls/emails/texts, and more.
- Canvas is a classroom resource. It contains assignments, hand-outs, links to resources, and more. It also shows grades. If the grades in Canvas and PowerSchool don’t match up, please ask your student or teacher.