Facts, Data, Basics
Budget and Finance Department Overview
The Budget and Finance Department serves the school division by maintaining efficient, easy to use processes that allow staff, students, parents, and decision makers to obtain the information necessary to accomplish their goals. From budgeting to bill paying, risk management to record keeping, every activity that takes place in the school division depends on these processes to run smoothly. For the 2019 fiscal year, the school system served approximately 4337 students in grades K-12, employs nearly 1,000 people, operates 13 facilities, and has a budget of $84 million dollars.
For assistance with invoices, email CCSInvoices@charlottesvilleschools.org.
- FY21-22 School Board Budget Presentation to City Council, March 1, 2021
- FY21-22 School Board Budget Adoption Presentation, February 22, 2021
- FY21-22 Budget Development Presentation, School Board Work Session, February 9, 2021
- FY21-22 Superintendent’s Proposed Budget Presentation, School Board Meeting, February 4, 2021
- FY21-21 Budget Development Presentation, School Board Joint Work Session with City Council, January 28, 2021
- FY21-22 Budget Development Presentation, School Board Work Session, January 16, 2021
- FY21-22 Budget Development Update, Presentation for School Board, January 7, 2021
- FY21-22 Budget Development Presentation for PTO Meetings
- FY21-22 Budget Work Session, School Board, December 16, 2020
- FY21-22 Budget Development Process (Presentation for School Board, December 3, 2020)
- FY21-22 Budget Development Calendar
- More details on the annual budget development process can be found here.
- City of Charlottesville Audited Financial Reports