At Charlottesville City Schools, we offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package to our employees, including group health insurance, dental and vision care plans, life insurance and membership in the Virginia Retirement System.
New employees enroll in benefits at the start of their job. Employees can change their choices either annually during the “open enrollment” period in May or with a qualifying event (such as the birth of child or a change in a spouse’s employment).
Click the blue button below to see all details about our benefits on the Pierce Benefits Group website.
Employee Benefits for Cville Schools
Benefits for July 1, 2023-June 30, 2024 include:
- Health Insurance: Aetna
- Dental Insurance: Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance: EyeMed Vision
- Health Savings Accounts: Payflex (HSA plans can only be established in conjunction with a qualified High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP))
- Employee Maximum $3,850/year
- Family Maximum $7,750/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Flex Facts
- Medical Reimbursement Maximum: $3,050/year
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Maximum: $5,000/year
- Cancer Benefits: Colonial Life
- Accident Benefits: Colonial Life
- Medical Bridge Benefits: Colonial Life
- Disability Benefits: Colonial Life
- Critical Illness Benefits: Colonial Life
- Life Insurance: Colonial Life
- Retirement Plans
- The Charlottesville City Schools retirement program is offered through the Virginia Retirement System, a defined benefit plan funded by contributions from the employer and employee.
- Additionally, two retirement supplemental options are available:
- Wellness Program through programs such as area health clubs
- Employee Assistance Program through the University of Virginia
- Free, confidential support for all employees and their families to help them handle problems at work or home. Consultations are confidential, unless written permission is given or unless mandated by law.
- Care Solace Appointment Assistance
- Free, confidential assistance making appointments for staff, students, and families who need assistance with mental health, substance abuse, and more. Visit their website or call 888-515-0595.
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $500 per school year for pre-approved credit courses
- Generous Paid Leave, including three personal days per year