The Charlottesville City School Division is committed to maintaining an educational environment and workplace that is free from harassment.
The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX states:
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
- Form to Submit a Report of Harrassment
- For staff contacts, click here.
- Nondiscrimination Notice
- Policy AC (Non-Discrimination)
- Policy GBA/JHFA (Prohibition Against Harassment and Retaliation)
- Training Materials used with CCS Staff:
- United Stated Department of Education Title IX